Friday, July 5, 2013

Twin Beaks...

So the other day, I was searching Amazon looking for something to watch.  When I came across both seasons of Twin Peaks.    Now wether or not you know this, the series Twin Peaks came out my junior year of high school and everyone was obsessed with it.  The storytelling was so new and unique we couldn't get enough.  

But at the same time...Jeff was turning fourish and Kurt was smaller yet.  SO in the Ledebur house we were also watching Sesame Street.  (which oddly leads to my obsession with Bert...anyway)    

One day, while watching Sesame Street with Jeff, this clip came on.  Cookie Monster in his  interpretation of the current TV obsession... TWIN BEAKS.  I remember laughing so hard.    It was hilarious.  I couldn't believe Sesame Street could pull off something so clever and funny.    When Cookie Monster starts by talking with "Diane", I laugh out loud every time.  Anyway, if nothing else it is a darn fine piece of television history.

No comments:

Post a Comment