Monday, May 14, 2012

Patrick Swayze - the Best Cooler in the Business

So as most of you know, I was sick this weekend.  At one point, I was actually sitting up for a moment and watching some television.  During that time...Dirty Dancing came on.  I love that movie and it is truly the perfect movie to watch when you are sick.  There is nothing like Patrick Swayze!

HOWEVER, as much as I like Dirty Dancing, I love ROADHOUSE.  This is the quintessential Swayze movie.  Let me examine the FANTASTIC PLOT POINTS of this movie.
  1. Swayze/Dalton is called in to save the Double Deuce.  This bar has been terrorized by the minions of Brad Wesley, who is the rich town overload.
  2. Wesley controls the entire town with fear...but not Dalton!  He is not going to back down and he takes the job!
  3. From that point forward, Dalton spends the whole movie building up the Deuce and tearing down Wesley.
  4. Dalton chooses the loft of a barn as his new home and then prepares to take on the bad guys.  (see right)
  5. Eventually, Dalton needs to call in a friend...in comes Wade Garrett.
  6. Together the two of them set things straight, but Brad Wesley doesn't plan on taking these changes lying down and he fights back.
  7. Additionally, there is a love interest but to be honest I don't think this part is important.
  8. Finally, Dalton is pushed too far and he is forced to fight back.  Dalton takes on Brad Wesley and all his henchmen.  It is one HUGE fight scene, it is awesome.
  9. Favorite Quote:  "If somebody gets in your face and calls you a ____________, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal."
You just have to see it!  It is Patrick Swayze at his finest.

1 comment: